[R-sig-DB] DBI package

Paul Gilbert pg||bert902 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 16 22:21:33 CEST 2013

Hadley

Thanks for taking on maintenance of package DBI.

I'm sure you have a list of things you would like to do. Just in case
you are not aware, let me mention one recent problem I am having with
DBI trying to use the new more strictly enforced modern approach to
Imports/Depends. The DBI function call dbDriver("MySQL") fails in my
package TSMySQL if I list RMySQL in Imports rather than Depends. It
cannot find the function MySQL in RMySQL.

I'm using MySQL as an example, the problem also happens with PostgreSQL
and SQLLite.

Best,
Paul