[R-sig-DB] Error in connecting R to Postgre

NISHIYAMA Tomoaki tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom @t@||@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Mon Sep 9 15:50:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

While Dirk is right in that psql and RPostgreSQL should behave the same,
both psql and RPostgreSQL should be able to connect via unix domain socket.

In this case, what you are trying is equivalent to

psql -U PLAYER postgres
(on the host you are running R)

Does this work?

Best regards,