[R-sig-DB] RSQLite and transparent compression

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 6 06:02:02 CEST 2013

What do you mean by large?  You are aware you can have an in-memory version
of a SQLite database (whether that helps depends on the size of course)?
 If you operate on a disk based database, fast I/O helps a lot, perhaps
even copying the database to a local drive. I don't know anything about
compression though, but in general I have found the sqlite.org website and
its mailing list to be super helpful.

Kasper