[R-sig-DB] R port of pymssql

Wed Mar 20 02:47:27 CET 2013

On 19 March 2013 at 20:08, Jeff Ryan wrote:
| Not as lucky as Dirk, but this could be something to look to as well for inspiration...
|
| https://github.com/bwlewis/RSQLServer

Dang. You look away for a split-second, and BWL has built a new toy :)

Note, though, that the pmyssql I refer to below promises to work on any
(relevant) OS: Windoze, Linux, OS X, *BSD, ... This can work as it on top of
FreeTDS and requires only a C compiler.  What Bryan is cooking here seems a
little scarier (mixing CLR and MinGW?) and less applicable beyond 'doze.

I, for one, would want an RMSSql to be used from a real OS. But then I don't
really need it these days (lucky me...)

Dirk