[R-sig-DB] Working with Large sets of Data or even Big Data

CIURANA EUGENE (R users list) r@u@er @end|ng |rom c|ur@n@@eu
Wed Mar 6 21:14:04 CET 2013

2013-03-06 11:24, Paul Bernal wrote:

>> I managed to connect R with
some database tables residing in Microsoft SQL Server, and I also got R
to read the information in. My question is, since usually, those tables
can have 50 thousand or even more records, or even hundreds of thousands
or millions of records what would be the maximum amount of records that
R is able to read and process or better put, what would be the maximum
amount of rows and columns that R is able to manage (to perform data
mining analysis)? What would I need to do in order for R to be able to
manage large amounts of data?

Sorry - I forgot to add: the space
example at the end of my previous message: ~2.5 million records.

Cheers!

pr3d

--
http://summly.com | http://eugeneciurana.com