[R-sig-DB] RODBC drop work without Error Message

Muhammad Abuizzah |zz@h100 @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Sat Dec 1 18:54:59 CET 2012

I have a large database on sql Server 2012 Developers edition, some tables are upto 10GB in size,  I have been connecting fine to the database and extracting info.
today was the first time I tried to pull 1/2 gb in one query, nothing fancy a query that always worked with smaller size.

R dropped the work without providing an error message.  I got the "sand clock" running for a couple of seconds, as if R had stared communication with the database, but
then nothing. I looked at my windows task manger, and CPU utilization was at zero.

I ran memory.size() function to confirm availability of memory and it read 24 thousand I don't remember the rest, I have 24GBs of ram on my computer.  the size of the other R objects in memory was around 2GB

Are there any known issues between RODBC and SQLServer?

thanks