[R-sig-DB] R and PostgreSQL - Writing data?

Fri Nov 30 16:51:24 CET 2012

On 30 November 2012 at 15:30, James David Smith wrote:
| Would be interested to know what you mean by 'expand the strings
| explicitly' please? Would that help me? I want to be able to write
| data from a dataframe into an existing PostgresSQL table, matching a
| column to a variable in the dataframe (e.g. like the query I posted).

Nothing fancy -- just paste().  AFAIK we do not have a mechanism to expand
queries over columns as you asked for.

And that very basic approach had already been suggested to you in this
thread, as I recall.

Dirk

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com