[R-sig-DB] Intermittent connectivity issues for RJDBC / Oracle

Fri Oct 5 01:21:11 CEST 2012

Denis,

On 4 October 2012 at 14:07, Denis Mukhin wrote:
| David,
|
| Have you considered using ROracle instead? It is also DBI based. ROracle uses native interfaces (OCI) so it should be much faster (although I have not run any comparisons). It is also actively maintained by Oracle so if you have any problems/concerns we should be able to address them fairly quickly.

This is the second time this week you are pulling this stunt, and I formally
object.

If someone wants and need (R)Oracle, they will know where and how to get it,
provided they also find their six-figure check.

This is an open source mailing list, and I would like to ask you to stop your
salesmanship here.  The last post ("I don't know anything about RPostgreSQL,
but this is what ROracle does") was borderline amusing, but this one is very
clearly stepping over that line we all know.

Stop it now, please.

Dirk

Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com