[R-sig-DB] RMySQL and RPostgreSQL interaction

Paul Gilbert pg||bert902 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 18 17:40:26 CEST 2012

I am doing some comparison for which I load both RMySQL and RPostgreSQL
from my own packages TSMySQL and TSPostgreSQL and I am getting the
following warning building a vignette. I think with package namespaces /
S4 definitions it is a bit difficult to generate a self contained
example, at least I have not yet managed to do that, but I would
appreciate any suggestions about what needs to be done.

Warning in .simpleDuplicateClass(def, prev) :
   A specification for class "dbObjectId" in package 'RPostgreSQL' seems
equivalent to one from package 'RMySQL' and is not turning on duplicate
class definitions for this class

(I'm using  R version 2.15.1 on Ubuntu.)

Thanks,
Paul