[R-sig-DB] [R] RODBC Error Code 202 on Mac OS X 10.6

juii@@j@cobso@ m@iii@g oii @rcor@de juii@@j@cobso@ m@iii@g oii @rcor@de
Wed May 30 09:11:13 CEST 2012

Finally, I found the core of the problem: If I use a password without special characters, I can odbcConnect from within R on Mac OS X. So it's really a matter of the encoding.
Since I would like to use strong passwords with special characters I would be very grateful  for any hints on how to fix the encoding, because there are several places where I can set it: The PostgreSQL DBMS itself, in the psqlODBC driver, in the RODBC package in finally in R itselft.