[R-sig-DB] SOS! R Console crashed after loading RODBC... Update: Re: How to set up RODBC? Diff between R Console and RStudio?

Michael comtech@u@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 28 17:36:34 CEST 2012

Thank you!

In order to identify which library is used by RStudio, I have actually done
the following in RStudio:

> aa=Sys.getenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH")
> bb=gsub("odbc", "xxxx", aa)
> cc=gsub("ODBC", "XXXX", bb)
> Sys.setenv(LD_LIBRARY_PATH=cc)

Amazingly, all the programs still worked in RStudio...

So at least for RStudio, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not used for RODBC, as you
pointed out earlier...

Then what shall I set up for running the same program in R-Console?

What are the key elements that are in RStuio but missing in R-Console?

I have also made sure the RStudio and R-Console have the same underlying by
checking:

R.Version
R.home()

in both R-Console and RStudio...