[R-sig-DB] [R] Why does RODBC driver returns garbage from Sybase server on new windows 7 machine?

NISHIYAMA Tomoaki tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom @t@||@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Mon May 7 16:20:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Same functions work well on my old machine
> which is a windows XP. I am trying this first time on my windows 7 box.

Did you check the dependency of the error on 32 bit version and
64 bit version of R?

I assume you used a 32 bit version on Windows XP and now perhaps using the
64 bit version. If so, you might try if it works on the 32 bit version
of R (which usually should run on windows 7 as well).