[R-sig-DB] RMySQL, DBI: unrecognized MySQL field type 7 in column

Andreas Voellenklee wotuzu17 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 9 16:05:20 CEST 2012

Hello,

when I query a MySQL database using the commands

  con <- dbConnect(MySQL(), user=dbuser, password=dbpasswd,
dbname=dbname, host=dbhost)
  df <- dbGetQuery(con, sql)

I get the following message when a table contains the timestamp type:

RS-DBI driver warning: (unrecognized MySQL field type 7 in column 1
imported as character)

I googled and found a post on this mailing list from 2006:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-db/2006q3/000221.html

Obviously this is still not fixed. Are there any plans to do so?

Thanks,
Andreas

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=de_CH.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=de_CH.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=de_CH.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RMySQL_0.8-0 DBI_0.2-5