[R-sig-DB] SQL scoring code

Brandenburger, Thomas Thom@@@Br@ndenburger @end|ng |rom @d@t@te@edu
Thu Apr 19 17:11:11 CEST 2012

Greetings,
I'm not sure if this is the right list for this subject so if not please point me there.  rpart() and some other R libraries now have model scoring output in PMML through the pmml library.  I do some consulting in predictive modeling and often the companies require SQL case statement code or C# or some other language.  I know there are things such as the Oracle solution for in database scoring but this is somewhat different in that typically the IT shops will want the scoring code as the deliverable and then run it natively in the data warehouse they have.  Most (all?) commercial data mining and modeling packages have SQL as one of the options for scoring code.  SAS eMiner for instance can deliver code in several languages.  So can Angoss, KXEN, etc.

Does anyone know of an equivalent to the pmml library in  SQL?

Thomas Brandenburger
Assistant Professor
South Dakota State University
Cell: 605.480.0951
Fax: 605.688.5880
thomas.brandenburger using sdstate.edu<mailto:thomas.brandenburger using sdstate.edu>