[R-sig-DB] Unable to get RODBC or ROracle to work on Linux

Wed Dec 21 03:54:20 CET 2011

On 21 December 2011 at 15:37, Stuart Uren wrote:
| Maybe someone could comment on the RODBC, however, that doesn't matter
| too much to me now that I have ROracle working.

It's been a while, but I used to use ROBDC before we had dedicated drivers
for PostgreSQL.

It seemed like you did the hard part: getting ODBC connectivity from your
box.  Once you have the basic "ini" files set, and isql works, RODBC should
follow.

I have been maintaining RODBC for Debian since 2003. For those builds, we
have switched between iODBC and unixodbc, so either should work.  As you have
a working installation, maybe all it takes is to make sure the right header
files get picked up.  But in any event, ROracle may be more efficient.

Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx