[R-sig-DB] Problem with RMySQL installation - R64.app 2.14, OS X

CIURANA EUGENE r@u@er @end|ng |rom c|ur@n@@eu
Sun Nov 6 22:40:09 CET 2011

Greetings.

I installed DBI and RMySQL under R 64-bit console
without issues, but after several attempts at installing it under
R64.app it continues to give this error message in response to
library(RMySQL):

Error : .onLoad failed
in loadNamespace() for 'RMySQL', details:
 call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath
= DLLpath, ...)
 error: unable to load shared object
'/Users/ciurana/Library/R/2.14/library/RMySQL/libs/x86_64/RMySQL.so':

dlopen(/Users/ciurana/Library/R/2.14/library/RMySQL/libs/x86_64/RMySQL.so,
6): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

Referenced from:
/Users/ciurana/Library/R/2.14/library/RMySQL/libs/x86_64/RMySQL.so

Reason: image not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for
'RMySQL'

I tried installing from the command line using R CMD INSTALL
RMySQL-whatever.tgz

I also tried setting up the environment variables
within R64.app for the MySQL client headers and libraries, then
installing using install.packages().

I tried installing this as a
normal user, and as root. Same effect in both cases.

The net effect is
this error message ONLY under R64.app. R from the command line works
fine, and my scripts and interactive sessions can talk to the MySQL
databases just fine, sans errors or warnings.

I was able to install
(and run) RMySQL under R64 both console and GUI app version 2.13. This
problem appeared only under 2.14.0.

Can you please suggest a way of
troubleshooting this, or a good installation guide specific to OS X?
Google reports none; I'll be happy to write one too.

Thanks in advance
and have a great week,

pr3d4t0r at #R, ##java, #awk,
#pyton