[R-sig-DB] [R] ROracle

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Sun Jun 5 08:50:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011, Joseph Magagnoli wrote:

> Tomoaki,
> This is all run on the linux box. The export statements are run by just
> pasting them into the terminal. I invoke R by typing
> "/usr/local/bin/R". For the configure error how do I make sure R is in
> my path?

So you need to put /usr/local/bin in your path.  Please ask your
Linux help about this (how to do it does depend on the shell you use).

Note that you should not actually need R in your path to install a
well-written package: but ROracle is not in that category.

Setting Oracle up on Linux requires far more expertise than this step,
and that using RODBC or RJBDC are much simpler ways to access an
Oracle database than ROracle, provided the appropriate drivers are
available (something you can pass on to the Oracle sysadmins).