[R-sig-DB] How to write to database schema other than public using RPostgreSQL

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Sun Mar 6 07:39:47 CET 2011

Hi,

Since so many inquiry on schema access have been received,
I have made a trial implementation and committed to the svn repository
as r176.

Pleasy try to use c("schema", "table") to the place where you want to
refer "schema"."table".

The modification of the code is kept very minimal just add an option
of collapse="." to paste
in comparison to the postgresqlQuoteId.  However since this function
was used to quote vector
and return the quoted vector for the table definition construction,
the new function was made
under a different name, as "postgresqlTableRef".  This name might not
be optimal as this can
be also used for "table"."column" structure construction.  If any
better name is proposed,
I will change.

Although some brief tests have been done, I personally do not depend
on schema now and
there might be shortcomings.  So, don't hesitate to tell me if
something is wrong.

Sincerely,
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA