[R-sig-DB] How to write to database schema other than public using RPostgreSQL

Xiaobo Gu gux|@obo1982 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Mar 5 14:56:41 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Tomoaki NISHIYAMA
<tomoakin using kenroku.kanazawa-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you use dbSendQeury() to change the search path or dbGetQeury() ?
I have tried both, both failed, the last error is because there is
already table named rtest.

> dbGetQuery(con, "set search_path to amber,public;")
NULL
> dbGetQuery(con, "show search_path;")
    search_path
1 amber, public
> dbWriteTable(con, "rtest", df, row.names=FALSE)
[1] FALSE
Warning message:
In postgresqlWriteTable(conn, name, value, ...) :
  table rtest exists in database: aborting assignTable