[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable of RPostgreSQL can't insert data into PostgreSQL Server.

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Sun Feb 6 06:41:04 CET 2011

Hi,

>>> will not
>>> of the
>> It seems there are other problems than encoding, the columns with
>> Chinese character have been removed from the sample data I sent, but
>> the remaining columns still can't get inserted into database server.

If so, you can track down to a single record that prevents
insertion, and present an R transaction showing how it fails.
Including, what you typed into R console, response by R including the
error message and how you know that it is not inserted.

Without real example, there is no way to help as Dirk suggested in
the previous mail.

At least,
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Package-RPostgreSQL-Problem-with-
dbWriteTable-td2195653.html#a2221189
is apparently unrelated, as it is clearly the problem of pathname
transmission, which is not
in current code.
http://code.google.com/p/rpostgresql/issues/detail?id=10&can=1
--