[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable of RPostgreSQL can't insert data into PostgreSQL Server.

Sat Feb 5 18:33:46 CET 2011

On 5 February 2011 at 23:53, Xiaobo Gu wrote:
| Hi,
|
| This problem was reported discussed on May 2010, but it seems it was
| not resolved at least in version 0.1.7 of RPostgreSQL.
| I have seen the similar problem as reported
| by:http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Package-RPostgreSQL-Problem-with-dbWriteTable-td2195653.html#a2221189
|
| > sessionInfo()
| R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
| Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
|
| locale:
| [1] LC_COLLATE=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
| LC_CTYPE=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
| [3] LC_MONETARY=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
| LC_NUMERIC=C
| [5] LC_TIME=Chinese (Simplified)_People's Republic of China.936
|
| attached base packages:
| [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
|
| other attached packages:
| [1] RPostgreSQL_0.1-7 DBI_0.2-5
| > traceback()
| No traceback available
|
| And I have some more information:
|
| 1. If there are text data with Chinese character, then data will not
| be inserted into database server even there is only one column of the
| dataframe.
| 2. I can send you the sample data which can't be inserted.

There is nothing reproducible here so please do not expect us to do anything
meaningful with this report.

Moreover, for questions pertaining to RPostgreSQL you should use the
project's mailing list:

     https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!forum/rpostgresql-dev

Allow me to reiterate that we run a number of regression tests for the
package, including table creation and insertion. Just saying "can't insert
data" is not helpful.

Dirk

--
Dirk Eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org | http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com