[R-sig-DB] connecting to remote database using RMySQL, from WinXP Pro

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Sat Nov 6 01:54:34 CET 2010

Hi,

Did you exactly follow http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/RMySQL
?
especially MYSQL_HOMEE environmental variable and
MySQL client library install path?

If you followed the instruction you would have shown
Sys.getenv('MYSQL_HOME')
instead of Sys.getenv("MYSQL_USER")
See, the difference of HOME and USER.

The message says the R couldn't find MySQL library and the
location will be directed by MYSQL_HOME.
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,
Kanazawa University,