[R-sig-DB] RMySQL on R 2.11.1 (x64) / Windows

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Mon Aug 30 08:40:07 CEST 2010

This really is off-list here: it is complete coincidence that anyone
who knows anything about Windows binary packages is subscribed.

There are no plans to distribute Windows binaries of any package that
requires external software other than Gtk+, especially not those which
are very sensitive to software versions such as MySQL.  In addition,
there is a single build machine and it is tricky to run both 32- and
64-bit MySQL on the same machine.

And we have announced that development of R 2.11.x on x64 Windows has
stopped and asked users to migrate to snapshots of R 2.12.0:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2010-August/058140.html

Also, for much of the life of x64 Windows R we were waiting for a
RMySQL update (which we have in 0.7-5) -- you can now simply build it
from the sources as described in the rw-FAQ at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Can-I-install-packages-into-libraries-in-this-version_003f
.

Please don't

- send HTML when expressly asked not in the posting guide.
- post to a members-only list -- you will need to subscribe to reply.
- send Windows-specific topics to R-sig-db.  How to use RMySQL is
apporpriate here, but not asking about availability of binaries,
something covered in the appropriate FAQ.

The list moderator (and coincidentally a R-for-Windows developer)