[R-sig-DB] RODBC for 64-bit Windows 7

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Wed Aug 18 08:13:11 CEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Justin Magruder wrote:

> I'm new to R and trying to install RODBC package 1.3-2 on a windows 7 64-bit
> os, but am getting errors when loading: "Error: package 'RODBC' is not
> installed for 'arch=x64'". It appears to be a 32-bit package.  Is there
> 64-bit package available?

Yes, in the bin/windows64 part of the repository.  (Assuming this is
for R 2.11.1, but you have not even told us that.)

This is not an R-sig-DB question, and you need to study the posting
guide, provide the 'at a minimum' information asked for there, and
tell us exactly how you are 'trying to install'.

Note too that you have ignored the advice in the rw-FAQ for people
'new to R', and that almost certainly you are going to have trouble
with finding 64-bit ODBC drivers -- but you have not even told us what
DBMS you want to connect to.