[R-sig-DB] RODBC

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Aug 12 19:12:31 CEST 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:59 AM, vishal-v.mehta using ubs.com wrote:

> Vikram Kuurana
>
> Hello, this may seem a little random.
> But I am trying to install RODBC on windows, and when searching for help on google, I found a thread from years ago. But no solution. I was hoping if you would be so kind to help.
>
> I installed RODBC, you can see it in the list when you type the command, (.packages(all.available=TRUE))
> But when I tried to load it I get the following error
>         Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
>          shared library 'RODBC' not found
>         In addition: Warning message:
>         package 'RODBC' was built under R version 2.12.0
>         Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RODBC'
>
> Do you know why?
>
> Again I apologise for the complete randomness
>
> Vishal Mehta

What version of R are you running?  The message above suggests that you were running 2.12.0 when you installed the packages, but are not running it now.

2.12.0 is not yet released, so were you testing a 'devel' version of R?

You will need to sort out your R versions and then make sure that you are running the proper version when both installing and loading the packages...

HTH,

Marc Schwartz