[R-sig-DB] ROracle Examples ???

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Thu Aug 12 19:06:02 CEST 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 10:05 PM, Dave Lubbers wrote:

> Trying to connect to Oracle databases over the internet.  Any examples on how this is done?  Any good Oracle databases on-line to experiment with?

I am not off-hand aware of anyone making their Oracle database available for general public online access. Security, you know...

If you are having issues, presuming that you get ROracle installed and your R version updated, you might consider contacting the Admin for the Oracle database that you initially intended to work with. Since you would need an account on the Oracle server, you would of course need the userID and password, along with any other configuration settings required for the particular server, including the possibility of needing a VPN connection. The ROracle documentation would likely be helpful to the Admin.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz