[R-sig-DB] RODBC on 64bit Windows

顾小波 gux|@obo1982 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 21 16:43:56 CEST 2010

Ripley,
	Thanks, lucky enough we are working with IBM DB2 and Greenplum, which both have 64bit ODBC dirvers.
BTW, there are three ways to work with R - Greenplum integration:
1. via RODBC package, which now has a 64 bit version
2. via RPostgres interface, which seems does not a 64 bit version yet.
3. via plr for Greenplum, which only supports a few kinds of functionality, and supports only specific versions of R.

Do you have any idea about the advantages and disadvantages of each, and the differences among them?

Xiaobo.Gu

-----Original Message-----
From: Prof Brian Ripley [mailto:ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 9:00 PM
To: 顾小波
Cc: r-sig-db using stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [R-sig-DB] RODBC on 64bit Windows

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, 顾小波 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         Since now R has a Windows 64 bit version, is there plan for
> 64bit RODBC packages, thanks.

But there has been a 64-bit Windows package at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows64/contrib/2.11/RODBC_1.3-1.zip
for several months, so what are you asking for?  (Note that 64-bit
ODBC drivers are in short supply, but I have tested MySQL and
sqliteodbc has recently gained a 64-bit binary.)

It is also simple to install RODBC from its sources.

> Xiaobo.Gu
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please note that the posting guide has to say about that.