[R-sig-DB] Which DB type

Sébastien Durand v8extr@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Jun 5 16:20:34 CEST 2010

Hello to all,

I got my mind into it did some search and comparison I got myself decided to do the following :

I want to build a package for personal finance :

-In this package I wish to be able to :
	-Read OFX data
	-Recognize transaction
	-Setup a budget through the use of buckets or envelope through time
	-Have cashflow plotting methods
	-This package will be able to utilise data from multiple accounts

My first question is quite simple:
	Is this a good idea, import OFX data into a SQL data base using R.

It must be said that I am planning to use a Database support in order to facilitate user usage (example visualisation of transactions, sorting and so on...)

Any suggestion or comment would be appreciated

Thanks a lot!

Sébastien