[R-sig-DB] RODBC error

Dan Rowlands d@n @end|ng |rom on@emb|e@w@
Tue Jun 1 17:52:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been using RODBC to connect to a mysql database from R. I have
recently upgraded to Mac OSX 10.6 and am having some trouble getting R
to connect. My
setup worked fine in Mac OS X 10.5.

Specifically I can set up a dsn and test it in ODBC Administrator
fine, but when I try in R using

con <- odbcConnect("test")

I get the following set of warnings, and the program hangs.

Warning messages:
1: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state 00000, code 8663360, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so, 6): no suitable image
found.  Did find:
	/opt/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
2: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 8663360, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
3: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 8663360, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
4: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 8663360, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
5: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 8663360, message [iODBC][Driver
Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
6: In odbcDriverConnect("DSN=test") :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM003, code 8663
etc...

The test dsn is just a connection to the mysql test database, and I
have verified the connection is working using ODBC administrator on
the Mac.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Thanks

Dan