[R-sig-DB] RSQLite Issue

Seth Falcon @eth @end|ng |rom u@erpr|m@ry@net
Tue May 4 18:41:02 CEST 2010

Hi Erik,

On 5/4/10 8:33 AM, Erik Wright wrote:
> I couldn't find a user forum for RSQLite, so I decided to email you directly.  Here is my problem:

Next time, you can send email to r-sig-db using stat.math.ethz.ch
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-db
for RSQLite related questions.

> 1.  Loop updating values of a column in a table.
> 2.  Immediately after finishing the loop, query that column.
>
> In step 2, I get an error "no such column".  It is almost like the database is still in the middle of updating the column.  When I go look at the database, the column is most definitely there.  Obviously it must be there because I have been updating it repeatedly without any problems.
>
> Any ideas for a fix?  I tried implementing a delay with Sys.sleep before querying the column, but that didn't work.

You'll need to send along a bit more information for me to help you.  Is
there a way you can create a small reproducible example script?  Please
also include sessionInfo() output so I know what version of R and
RSQLite you are using.

You might find it useful to review the examples of prepared queries in
the RSQLite docs.  For example, try help("dbSendPreparedQuery"), and
then scroll down to look at the examples.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | @sfalcon | http://userprimary.net/