[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable permission problem on Mac OSX

Thu Nov 5 20:42:59 CET 2009

Neil,

On 5 November 2009 at 11:43, Neil Tiffin wrote:
| "Darwin" is correct for Mac OS X.

Cool, thanks.

| The test dbWriteTableTest.R works for me without this change.  Is the
| test not robust enough?

Can you maybe follow-up with Robert about other possible cause of this?  As I
(as a non-Mac-user) understand it, there are numerous ways to install R (and
presumably Pg) onto OS X and the bug may bite only in some.  His suggested
fix strikes me as correct, though, as $TEMPDIR permissions are a general
Unixy way of doing things.

Dirk