[R-sig-DB] Error connecting R to mysql

Jim Burke j@burke @end|ng |rom e@rth||nk@net
Sat May 16 21:42:45 CEST 2009

Oh yes another thing. I downloaded and installed that
MySQL Tools application. Received same unhelpful registry
error that Ian reports. So I REMOVED MySQL Tools and
went from there (reboot after uninstalls by the way).

For your information. Plain vanilla MySQL 5.0.
Then I downloaded the 30 day PremimumSoft Navicat
as a much needed gui to MySQL.

Hope this helps,
Jim Burke