[R-sig-DB] Error connecting R to mysql

Ian Coe ICoe @end|ng |rom connectc@p@com
Sat May 16 20:47:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

   I am experiencing the error copied below when I call library(RMySQL).
I have done complete installs of mysql 5.1, mysql GUI tools, and MySQL
connector/C on WinXP.     I found the following exchange from this list
regarding a very similar sounding error (also copied below) and went
back over my install settings to see if I missed anything.  I do not see
anything left to install.   Does anyone have any suggestions for what to
try next?

Thanks so much for your help.

-Ian

My error:
A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt
folder. That's where we need to find libmySQL.dll.
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

Related message from a previous post:
   Yakub wrote:
> I have the following error:
>> library(RMySQL)
> Error in fun(...) :
>   A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL
> Tools for 5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt folder. That's where
we
> need to find libmySQL.dll.
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'
>
> This happens after I install MySQL Tools. Seems that R is pointing to
the
> wrong registry. Can anyone help?

You need to install the client programs and libraries when you install
the MySQL distribution. Just re-run the MySQL installer again and be
sure to read the steps carefully.

Best,

Jeff