[R-sig-DB] A question about dbWriteTable command in R under MS Windows

Jeffrey Horner je||@horner @end|ng |rom v@nderb||t@edu
Tue Mar 10 22:43:02 CET 2009

Hi,

HU,ZHENGJUN wrote on 03/10/2009 04:32 PM:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>  I wrote the following R code (see below) to store the data frame of
> "test.01" into the table of "ttest01" in my database which is located on
> a Linux machine. If the code was run under MS Windows XP, I have found
> that the values in the last column (i.e. column f5) in the table are all
> zeros instead of NULLs. If the same R code was run under Linux, however,
> everything is OK. The R version is 2.6.0 under both MS Windows XP and
> Linux.
>
>  Does anyone know how to solve this problem under MS Windows XP?

I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of R and the latest version
of RMySQL and run your test again. I doubt R 2.6.0 is the problem, but
you haven't told us which version of RMySQL you are using. The latest
version of RMySQL is 0.7-3, and a fix was made to dbWriteTable() in the
0.7-2 version.

Best,

Jeff

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner