[R-sig-DB] Connection with MySQL usin RMySQL package

Khalid Iqbal mdkh@||d|qb@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Feb 22 12:08:14 CET 2009

hi,
i am new to R environment. I tried connecting to MySQL databases, but it is
not getting connected. I am using Windows XP. I got this when i tried to
incude RMySQL library.

 > library(RMySQL)
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-28~1.1/library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  Invalid access to memory location.

Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

Please help me.

Regards,
khalid