[R-sig-DB] RMySQL: Error in fun(...) : MySQL is not installed according to a Registry search

Robert Pastel rp@@te| @end|ng |rom mtu@edu
Fri Jan 30 01:50:45 CET 2009

Hello,

I have upgraded to R 2.8 on my WindowsXP machine and installed RMySQL.
Running library("RMySQL") I get the error:

Error in fun(...) : MySQL is not installed according to a Registry search
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

I have tried to loading libmySQL.dll several ways

1. copy libmySQL.dll to \WINDOWS\Systems\ and \WINDOWS\Systems32\ and in
my R bin\
2. Install newer version of MySQL 5.0 on my machine
3. run regsvr32 libmySQL.dll, which generates the error:

librarymySQL.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was
not found.
This file can not be registered.

Thank you for the help,
Robert Pastel