[R-sig-DB] [R] [R-pkgs] New package RPostgreSQL 0.1.0

Mayeul Kauffmann m@yeu|@k@u||m@nn @end|ng |rom eco|ede|@p@|x@org
Fri Jan 9 11:47:46 CET 2009

Hi,
A reply to a request by Sebastian P. Luque about an "r-cran-rpostgresql"
package in Debian (this may interest other users, I hope):

I'm not sure on Debian, but on Ubuntu compilation on the fly is very
easy (tested on Hardy 8.04, 64 bits):

#You need this in /etc/apt/sources.list (for Hardy 8.04)
deb http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu hardy/
deb-src http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu hardy/

#THen you have R 2.8.1. Then, in order to compile:
$ sudo  apt-get update
$ sudo  apt-get install postgresql-server-dev-8.3

$ sudo /usr/lib/R/bin/R
> install.packages("RPostgreSQL")

Thanks to all who contributed to RPostgreSQL !

Cheers,
Mayeul

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
wrote :
Tue Oct 21 20:45:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is great!  Any chance we'll see an r-cran-rpostgresql package in
Debian?

Cheers,

--
Seb

--
Dr. Mayeul KAUFFMANN
Directeur de Recherche

Ecole de la paix
7, rue Très-Cloîtres
38000 GRENOBLE - FRANCE
Tél.: 04 76 63 81 41
Fax : 04 76 63 81 42
(Tél. de l'étranger: + 33 4 76 63 81 41)