[R-sig-DB] Problems with RMySQL and MySQL server version 5.1

Jeffrey Horner je||@horner @end|ng |rom v@nderb||t@edu
Wed Jan 7 16:41:49 CET 2009

An FYI to those users having problems with windows RMySQL CRAN binaries.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problems with RMySQL and MySQL server version 5.1
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:12:56 +0100
From: Erik Jørgensen <Erik.Jorgensen using agrsci.dk>
To: jeff.horner using vanderbilt.edu

Hi Jeffrey

I have some problems with the use of RMySQL since upgrading to RMySQL
version 0.7-2 and MySQL server version 5.1. The RGUI crashes, when I
e.g. call the function dbGetQuery(conn, sqlstring) (but not e.g.
dbListTables(conn)).

It seems that it is due to incompatibility with MySQL version 5.1.
When I replace the libMySQL.dll file from version 5.1 with the 5.0
version of the file, the problem disappears.

Best regards

Erik Jørgensen
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences,
Aarhus University,
Denmark

PS. R - version 2.8.1 - Windows XP Professional Service Pack3. I
specify the path to the DLL-file manually  via the environment
variable  MYSQL_HOME.

--
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner