[R-sig-DB] RMySQL on Windows Vista 64bit

James Vines jnv|ne@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 26 06:19:37 CET 2008

I have been trying to get RMySQL to work on Windows Vista 64 bit but I keep
getting the following error when trying to load the library.

> library(RMySQL)
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'C:/Users/Nick/Documents/R/win-library/2.8/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

I looked up info on '%1 is not a valid Win32 application' but I was unable
to find a solution. Is there a workaround for this or is 64bit windows just
out of luck at the moment?

Thanks