[R-sig-DB] RMySQL release candidate 0-7.0

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Tue Nov 18 10:14:03 CET 2008

Paul Gilbert wrote:

> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>>> I guess the important security question is about the password, so how
>>> do you set the password for tests?
>>
>> Answering that is a security risk!
>
> Just to be clear, I meant what method do you use for setting it, not,
> what do you set it to. Is that considered a security risk in Windows?

Folks, on the CRAN-Windows-Builder machine, the databases are just for
the checks, no other data is stored and only connections from localhost
are permitted, hence don't worry about passwords.

Best,
Uwe Ligges