[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable permission errors using RPostgreSQL

Prasenjit Kapat k@p@tp @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 7 01:49:54 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> On 6 November 2008 at 16:19, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>
>   1. dbWriteTable method is found to fail in some flavours of Linux like RedHat
>      distributions because of SELinux. SELinux is preventing PostgreSQL to
>      access data from locations other than it's data folder. So one of the
>      possible quick solutions is to turn off SELinux temporarily while using
>      this method and turn on later.
>
>   ## To turn off the SELinux, type the following at the command prompt
>   $ echo 0 > /selinux/enforce/
>   ## To turn on the SElinux, type the following at the command prompt
>   $ echo 1 > /selinux/enforce/

On this Red Hat EL5 machine, selinux seems to be disabled:
$ sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled

And I verified from the sysadm here, that SELinux is not used. So,
wherein lies the problem?