[R-sig-DB] sqlQuery truncates XML field in SQL Server

Carlos Soares c@o@re@ @end|ng |rom |ep@up@pt
Mon Nov 3 01:48:32 CET 2008

Hi all,
I execute a sqlQuery command which includes a field of type XML (SQL
Server 8 Express) and the result is truncated to 255 chars. I suppose it
assumes that the XML field is a NCHAR(255). How can I work around this?

Thanks in advance for any tip.
Regards,
Carlos

===

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          8.0
year           2008
month          10
day            20
svn rev        46754
language       R
version.string R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)