[R-sig-DB] RPostgreSQL dbWriteTable

Chris Long g@||zur @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Oct 24 01:52:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

RPostgreSQL's dbWriteTable uses the technique of saving a temporary
file, then loading the temporary file to a table using "COPY ... FROM".
This is fine for a local database connection, but fails if you are connected
to a remote database.  A simple fix is to use a technique similar to either
RSQLite or ROracle.  I've sent a note to the authors.

I'm *really* happy to see this available; it's a tremendous improvement
over the existing (and unmaintained) connectivity packages.  Kudos
to the authors as well as Google for its support.
--
Chris Long, San Diego Padres, 100 Park Boulevard, San Diego CA

Score: 0, Diff: 1, clong killed by a Harvard Math Team on  1