[R-sig-DB] RMySQL still treats timestamp as character?

Jeffrey Horner je||@horner @end|ng |rom v@nderb||t@edu
Tue Sep 2 17:59:29 CEST 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote on 08/31/2008 09:54 AM:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
>
>> Greetings -- downloaded RMySQL 0.6.0, and on a table with timestamps
>> it gets them over as character.  Found an email in this group from
>> 2006, about switching to RODBC, did that, got lovely floats...  Any
>> progress on that for RMySQL proper?
>
> You need to ask the maintainer (see the posting guide).  But my
> understanding is that RMySQL is not actively maintained (and has not be
> changed for 15 months).

Yes, and I have patches still laying around to fix memory leaks.

David, would you like me to take over as maintainer maintainer?

Jeff

--
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner