[R-sig-DB] dbSendPreparedQuery in RSQLite

Sean Davis @d@v|@2 @end|ng |rom m@||@n|h@gov
Wed Apr 16 17:47:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:45 PM, James Bullard <bullard using berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Yes, in this example that would certainly work. However, I have a large
> number of queries in a tight loop and it would be nice to avoid the overhead
> of the query parsing and compiling on each call through the loop.

A couple of typical tricks for avoidance of loops is to either:

1) Use an "in" query
2) Use a temporary table (CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE .... or
dbWriteTable()) and then do a join

If you have hundreds or thousands of queries, it is quite possible
that #2 could be much faster.  Benchmarking would be useful here, but
it is definitely worth a try if you are too slow with looping.

Sean