[R-sig-DB] RSQLite: ATTACH statement not executed when the db connection is holding a resultSet

Seth Falcon @eth @end|ng |rom u@erpr|m@ry@net
Sat Jan 26 19:39:15 CET 2008

Hi all,

Seth Falcon <seth using userprimary.net> writes:
> I think there are two ways to go here:
>
> 1. Fix dbGetQuery to have the same auto-close semantics.
>
> 2. Remove the auto-close feature entirely.  Should dbGetQuery change
>    too such that it fails when a ResultSet is open instead of opening
>    a new connection?  That is easier to explain, but not at all
>    backwards compatible.

I've just uploaded a new RSQLite 0.6-7 with the following changes:

* dbGetQuery now has the same auto-close semantics as dbSendQuery

* dbGetQuery issues a warning message when it opens a temporary
  connection because there is an incomplete result set.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | seth using userprimary.net | blog: http://userprimary.net/user/