[R-sig-DB] MS SQL

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Fri Sep 21 10:48:47 CEST 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Matteo Fornasier wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can I storage and read data from a MS SQL database?

What is a 'MS SQL database'?  And on what OS?

> If yes wich package I have to use? How can I find some documentations
> and an example script?

Please read the R posting guide at

http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

and try to ask a question that people will be able to answer for you.

As a guess, if you are on Windows and using a version of SQL Server,
package RODBC will do this for you, *and* it comes with test scripts for
SQL Server Express.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk