[R-sig-DB] RODBC and datadirect 64bit on linux

Sean Davis @d@v|@2 @end|ng |rom m@||@n|h@gov
Tue Aug 28 21:51:30 CEST 2007

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> unixODBC and iodbc are driver managers, not drivers.  Looks like
> DataDirect (http://www.datadirect.com/products/odbc/index.ssp) is also a
> (commercial) driver manager that as far as I know no one has ever tested.

Thanks for the clarified language.  Yes, that is indeed the case.  I
have a database vendor that is stating that the datadirect driver
manager is more stable than unixODBC and iODBC, so I am looking for how
to tell RODBC to use the datadirect driver manager.  Is this something
that even makes sense to ask?

Sean