[R-sig-DB] Problem Connecting to Oracle with R from Windows XP

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Thu Aug 16 01:03:44 CEST 2007

"Song, Alex" <asong using pfc.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca> writes:

> Hello,
>

> I installed RGui 2.5.1 and package DBI on Windows XP and tried to
> connect to Oracle database which is on a Linux server. When I tried to
> use dbDriver("Oracle"), I got an error as follows:

You need to install and load the ROracle package first.

> Could anyone tell me how to connect to Oracle with R from Windows XP?
> Do I need to configure any environment variables? Do I need to
> configure ODBC?

Instead of DBI, you could try the RODBC package.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
BioC: http://bioconductor.org/