[R-sig-DB] DBI column names

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Tue Jul 24 17:47:19 CEST 2007

"Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck using gmail.com> writes:

> Yes.  One idea for the name for the argument might be
> check.names= . This is the same argument name used
> in read.table.  The value could be TRUE, FALSE or a custom
> function.  TRUE would use make.db.names and FALSE would
> use the identity function.  The default would be TRUE for
> compatibility with the existing function.

I'm not opposed to this suggestion, but would like to hear from other
users that this is something that is desired.  If this is important to
you (any of you), then a patch with test cases added to the unit tests
would make it happen much more quickly.

> Another possibility is associating the value with the driver
> or the connection; however, that may seem inconsistent to
> users if dbWriteTable uses it and other functions do not.

I don't think that is a good idea.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org